Megan, 2 yrs old

Megan, 2 yrs old

Monday, October 31, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !

I just got this adorable picture from "Adena's" new mom (aka PinkGirl)
What's up with her eyes?  :)  No, she's not a blind beggar!


Adena is an Indian name for The Flying Nun
JUST KIDDING
But it IS an Indian name!  Isn't that a pretty name?

Those ears do go through some funny looking stages sometimes!

                      


And then there was one...oh wait...MAYBE 3?

I still have "Red Baron."  He has ALWAYS been mine & Jenny's pick; was that grammatically incorrect? 

 I keep waffling as to whether I can keep him or not.  You have no idea how much I WANT TO!   He is SOOO handsome, and of course, he's a very good little boy.  Not little for long though.  He picks up on everything I teach him.
He is so smart and so trainable!

And the downside is... with my health and disability as bad as it is, I have to TRY to be realistic. 
Is it fair to him if I keep him?  NO.  Would he know the difference? Probably not.  Does he deserve to be in a home that could walk him and train him?  YES.  The possibilities with this boy are endless. 
I (more than anything) want him to go to a FOREVER home.  To someone who appreciates all the great qualities of a German Shepherd, and willing to take the dog hair and the muddy paws that go along with it. 
Having a new puppy in the house is a HUGE responsibility and it takes a genuine commitment from a new mom or dad.  Almost like having a new baby!
If I have already placed a puppy with you, YOU MUST BE PRETTY SPECIAL PEOPLE!!  

     So, with all the thoughts bouncing around in my head, I really would like to find him the best home possible.  Preferably someone that would appreciate bringing him back to "Camp Gwamma's" to see me and play with his mommy.  They play so well together.  That could be a huge plus to someone who needs a dog sitter!  And I could have the benefits of watching this gorgeous boy grow up.

   There MAY end up being 2 of the pups (that were Naomi's picks) that we will be screening for new homes. 

 I have some more random pictures for you...






 Dianna took this GREAT photo of Megan recently (on the back door) and gave it to me on Megan's birthday!  It really captures her look.  Thanks so much, "Aunt Di!"




  I set up his crate in the kitchen and he will put himself in it when he wants a time out!  Whadda-good-boy!  I'll have to get a picture of that.


"My research shows German Shepherds would prefer steak over potatoes."

This one pretty much sums up the German Shepherd,
 the most loyal breed I know...





No comments:

Post a Comment